Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 2

Elder Johnson, Elder Ritchie and Elder Black





Hola!
Just to start off, I will send pictures later today, there are certain computers that you have to use to send pictures.  Thanks for the letters that I've been getting, it really makes a missionaries day, we look forward to any mail we'll be getting that day.  Unfortunately my friends haven't written me yet... but I was still glad to get all of your letters.  Mom, the food is all great, but are you trying to give me diabetes?  My district is really jealous of everything I've been getting, they said that they want you to send them stuff too :)  And mom, si, yo puedo hablar espanol mucho, estoy muy bien, pero, espanol es muy dificil.  And dad, I have written in my journal everyday, but the MTC doesn't have much difference between the days, so there's not much to write about.  I will be sending you a picture of the schedule so that you can see exactly what we do everyday.  And no, Dwight has not come to eat with me yet.
So interesting stuff of the week. Literally 5 minutes ago, I just found Xander for the first time! But he was in class, so I couldn't talk to him...  On Monday, we all figured out that P-days are amazing! We just get to hang out almost all day!  P-day ends at 6:00 though, and then we have class for 3 hours.  We got to teach Fernando (our investigator) on Monday again. We taught about the Plan of Salvation, the Atonement, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We took an hour, but it felt like only ten minutes because the spirit was so strong and we were able to answer all of his questions, and it was just amazing! Then after that, we wen't home and Elder Parkinsen, the crazy one, did something really... stupid/funny.  He did what is called the "banana sprite challenge".  You have to eat 2 bananas, and drink 60 ounces of sprite... he puked. And that was Monday.
Then Tuesday, like I said, Elder Holland came and gave an amazing talk.  Was the dedicatory prayer included in that? Or is there someway you can get a hold of it? Because it was amazing too!
The rest of the week not much happened... we just hung out, studied, studied more, and then, when we where tired of studying, we still had 6 hours left...  We play volleyball everyday, and I wreck :)
Then later in the week, Fernando, the investigator, became our teacher!  He is so cool and brings authority and the spirit into the classroom.  When we first saw him in our classroom we freaked out and basically acted like he was a celebrity... cause to us he was as great as you could get.
This week we'll be getting a new "investigator" (Hermana Collette, our first teacher). So now we have to try and prepare a different lesson everyday. It is really hard to teach a lesson in spanish, so it's gonna be pretty rough.
And then Saturday, everyone in the zone gathers all of the food that they've recieved from home, and we have a fiesta.  We all hang out and eat food and have a good time.
And then comes yesterday... Sunday. The night before Sunday, I woke up so many times feeling like I was going to puke... so I had to stay in all day.  I slept for about 5 hours during the day because one of mis companeros (oops, spanish) had some great drugs that helped knock me out.  One of the companeros had to stay in until lunch, and then they switched and the other stayed with me the rest of the dia.  It was no bueno. (that spanish was one purpose)
So yeah, that was the week.  Could you send me more stamps still? And tell the kids that they should be getting their letters tomorrow, I wrote them yesterday and they should be mailed today.  If you have any other quick questions just let me know, I'll be getting back on a little later to send pictures.  Tell people to write me :)  Getting letters just makes the day.
From,

Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment