Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Letter June 4, 2013


To answer questions, yes, I got the package, and only the Riesens were missing (why don't you put a picture of jesus or mary?) I'm not sick anymore, it was just a virus, it was basically gone by Wednesday. Congrats to everyone, school awards, baseball, high priest... everything!!! Umm... I think that was all the questions...
 
So this last week, I was planning my activities about the whole week, so not much happened. I got everything ready for a "Minute to Win It" a "Movie Night" and a talent show. The purpose of these activities was to get the youth involved, bring friends (that could be investigators), etc. So Friday night we were waiting for the movie night... it turns out that one of the youth had texted everyone and cancelled my activity! >=( One of the Young women even had 4 people invited to attend. Then the next day, we showed up for the Minute to Win It... and it was just the youth members, no non-members... I was a bit frustrated. We did play the games though, and it went pretty well, so that would be a recommendation to Skylar. Also, it was really cheap. And then we got ready for the talent show. Still, no non-members... so basically I wasted a lot of time on these activities. But the talent show went well. I did that midget act where one person puts their hands through some pants and shoes, and the other reaches out from behind them to be the arms. We just danced to music and everyone thought it was really funny. And they made me dance for them because I'm gringo, so I wouldn't be surprised to find a video on facebook or youtube or something.
 
Also, this week, we finally had somebody with a baptismal date, Melissa, daughter of Milton and Blanca. She passed her interview this last Thursday, and I baptized her on Saturday. There were hardly any people there, but everything went well.
 
And random things for this week: We went to clean the baptismal font, and it was full of ants, of all different types and sizes. (There were still ants when I baptized her.) We changed houses again, we are in a better area, in a bigger house, for the same price, it's awesome. We have 3 rooms, a front room, a kitchen, a laundry room, and a bathroom, yeah, it's big. Also, yesterday, we went to San Carlos again, but this time to hike to a waterfall. We're pretty sure that we hiked at least 10 miles in total, it took forever, and that's why we didn't write yesterday. And today, Elder Brindis cut my hair (his first time trying) and only messed up a tiny bit, pretty good for a first try. And then I took a shower (our house doesn't have a ducha right now) in the freezing water... it's terrible, don't try it.
 
And I think that's about it... once again, hopefully I have something interesting next week... We're going to work hard this week. Goodbye until next week!
 
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment