Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, May 27, 2013

Another Boring Week? NO!


Ok, to answer questions. Things are going well with my companion, we have a few differences, but we work things out pretty easily. He has 1 year in the mission, and he was in one area for the majority of that time. His english isn't bad, but we're working on it, he's a lot better that others though. Yes, we still have a piano in the house, but I don't really play, it's not that big so I can't really play the songs I know... And the piano actually belongs to the church, so there isn't a piano in the church, so I don't play at church. Congrats to Dad, that's great news!!! And also, congrats to Carter for his great hit, just gotta keep working on it and he'll have a home-run in no time. And Cooper, good job with graduating from pre-school, that's pretty sweet. Feliz cumpleaƱos a Brielle! Oh, and no, we haven't gone on excursions, there's nothing in my area, it's pretty lame.
 
We are still having really uneventful weeks, we are really working to have investigators but it's pretty hard here. Many people are very hard hearted and won't even let us talk about Christ with them. We've been contacting a lot, but it hasn't really led anywhere, we are trying to work with the members, but it's pretty tough, they still don't understand the importance of "every member a missionary". About the only cool thing that happened this week was that we had just gotten done teaching Milton and Blanca, and we were walking towards President Araya's house when Elder Brindis and I felt like someone was going to talk with us, there was a big, muscular guy walking towards us and said that he had a question for us (to me he seemed drunk, so I was a little nervous). He said that he wanted to know what the Mormons are about, so I started to explain, but he just kept talking and asking questions, and after just a couple minutes, he started to tell me a story about his life, all in English. He said that he had seen Pres. Araya walking with his wife many times and that he (Pres. Araya) always seemed to be happy. He then said, "I have more than him, as far as materials, but I'm not happy, I want what he has, I want to be happy." He then told me how he had felt like he needed to talk to us, that when he saw us, a question popped in his head and he just had to ask us something. It was a really cool experience, except for the fact that my comp didn't understand anything that happened haha. Other than that, I tried ceviche for the first time yesterday, and hopefully we will be having the baptism of Melissa (daughter of Milton and Blanca) this week, but we'll see, it's a bit harder with young people. And also I have to do a lot of planning for a youth activity that we are going to have to hopefully get some investigators. We will be having a movie night, minute to win it games, and then a talent night, hopefully everything works out.
 
And that's my boring week, but I do have one question for Bro. Nelson, we are having difficulties getting the youth involved in church, and for that we want to know what we could do to make the lessons better/more entertaining, to help them want to be there, any advice that anyone has would be great.
 
Love,
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment