Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, October 7, 2013

Conferencia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!!!!!!!) #exclamationpoint

Once again, a somewhat short letter. We had many fallen visits as the devil was trying to stop people from going to conference, so in other words, we just did a lot of walking.

So first of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, KATARINA, AND MCKENNA!!! And CONGRATS GRANDMA!!! Yep, that was it (exclamation points!!!)

So like I said, the devil was working pretty hard against us, so basically we didn't really have lessons this week. On Fridaynight we were able to leave with a member (finally!!!) and he was... AWESOME!!! He acted just like a missionary, he gave good examples, he really helped us out with the people we taught. We were able to put some baptismal dates with him and he gave us ideas of things we can do better (he's an ex-missionary) and then on Saturday we had conference. I'm not going to lie, I think that it was the first conference that got me excited enough to be able to stay awake the whole time (it helped that I watched it in English too) Between all the sessions, we were able to get 7 investigators to go (it's pretty hard to get them to go, so that was really good, one of the best numbers in the zone) So we were pretty excited about that. One of those seven was Flavio, the Argentino, and he is going to be able to get baptized this week!!! So things are going good, finally after a few months I'll be having a baptism!!! Oosh Oosh Oosh!!! (what we say here in the mission) So yeah, we're pretty excited.

And then today we went to "Monte de la Cruz", it was pretty cool and had a nice view of San José. And we were informed that we will all be getting cell phones tomorrow!!!! Finally!!! I'm so excited, it's going to make the work a lot easier.

So yeah, that was my week. Oh, and favorite conference talks... hmm. I liked one in particular!!! I hope you know which one! And then that of Elder Ballard, and of Edward Dube. I don't have my notes with me right now, but those were the ones I liked.

Anyway, thanks for reading everyone, hasta luego!!!

And again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRATS!!!

--Elder Black


   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
sdfas2013-20142014    

P.S. I did get grandma's letter =) Just in case she's wondering, just got it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment