Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, September 30, 2013

It was an overall boring week this week... so this isn't going to be a very long letter.

Answers to questions: What do we do for Conference? Well, we have to go to our stake center to watch it, so I will have to go to Heredia to watch it. And no, I hadn't heard about the Priesthood Session being on TV, they don't have it on TV here so everyone has to watch it either in the church, or online. And yes, my MP3 still works =) Thanks to a tender mercy =) Oh, and mom, that one picture is of a LEGIT Costa Rican taco... yeah, it's not as good as yours =)

So this week we had a lot of appointments fall through, people didn't accept us, or just weren't home, etc. On Tuesday we were able to meet with a new investigator (the girlfriend of the less-active member that I talked about last week), and her name is Carla. Turns out she's only 17, she's really shy, but has a desire to change her life. We had two lessons with her this week, and they went over pretty well. We also met with Flavio on Tuesday, he has some Word of Wisdom problems, so we are hoping that he will be able to drop those soon... We also found a good new Nica family that will hopefully start progressing, but, I think it'll be a little harder with them. On Wednesday we had interviews with President Wilkinson, and that went really well, he helped motivate me to keep working hard, and to make good changes here in my area of San Rafael. He told me that I'm a good missionary and to keep up the good work. So I left my interview feeling very good. Thenon Friday, we taught piano lessons (we do every Friday...) and then did "divisions". I was going with the Young Men's president (Irving, 24, getting ready to go on a mission, recent convert) but it was the YM's turn to clean the church... the only 2 that even showed up didn't really help, so Irving and I cleaned the whole church!!! So by the time we finished that, we went to Irving's house and taught his mom, Flor (investigator) and that was it. But that lesson went over well and she did go to church =) And then today we went to a waterfall where it was very cold, we got all wet, it started raining (I was the only 1/6 that had an umbrella) and I had to cover everyone with my umbrella, we all started shivering, but then we came back to San Rafael and bought Calzones =) And I'm still here freezing, so my letter is done.

Love you all, thanks for all the support!

-- Elder Black


   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
sdfas2013-20142014

No comments:

Post a Comment