Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, February 18, 2013

Last Letter from the MTC

Hunter and good friend Xander Irwin

District

Hunter and Bruce Neibaur

Hello everyone! How are you doing this fine day? Sorry if this letter has bad punctuation, my keyboard is in Spanish mode and won´t let me change it. Anyways, this week has been pretty normal once again, other than us having to say goodbye to everyone. I had to say goodbye to my teacher that I had from day 1. It was kinda sad. And then yesterday we had a testimony meeting as a class, pretty much everyone started crying, and we ran out of tissues, and they just kept crying, but it was a good experience for all of us.  This last week we also had ´´In-Field Orientation´´, bascially we just got to listen to people teach us more of what we should actually start doing once in the field. It was an 11 hour day of In-Field... so long! But it was all good, cause I get to leave tomorrow =) We also got the chance to talk to a teacher here that served in Costa Rica.  They have some weird things that they do, but it´s going to be great! We also found out how big of bugs they have... look up Costa Rica Rhino Beetle... I´m going to get a picture with one, that´s my goal, I will be freaking out when it happens, but it will be an awesome picture! She told us that they mostly have white rice with red beans... yes!!! I can´t wait! Other than that... we passed down all of our MTC items that got passed down to us by other people, it´s a great tradition, I was able to pass down the box of amazing things.  Also, we had a Twinkie to pass down, we think it´s the last one, and it´s been here since October I think. And then today I´m just packing and getting ready, gotta be up at 2 am, so gotta get ready. And that´s about how the week has been for me, hopefully I´ll have many stories to tell next week, but for now I don´t really have anything.
I did get some pictures, I will send those later, so if you have questions for me, ask me before 2 and I will be able to answer in another email later today.  Also, what time would you like for me to call you? I will be in Dallas from 10-4 their time, so just let me know. And also, tell Josh that that is a way cool mission! I am so excited for him! I will also be sending a package home, I´m having some Elders send it for me within the next few days, so I´m not sure when it will get there. Also, how did you say I needed to pay for the luggage? Cash or debit? I don´t know what else you would like for me to say, but think of something and I will write later and I´ll talk to you tomorrow =)
Hasta Tarde!
Elder H. Black

No comments:

Post a Comment