Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, February 11, 2013

One Week Left!



So this week has pretty much just been like all the other weeks.  Study, study, gym, food, study, study. So yeah, this letter is not going to be very long. One thing that did happen this week was that I was definitely able to teach by the Spirit and really connect with my "investigator" this last week.  I have already started to learn how to just love the people.  Other than that, this week has been pretty normal. Oh, I was looking at the pictures of our family, and I noticed how much Dad has slimmed out, I didn't think that you had any weight to lose, and now looking at the pictures I could see just how much you lost. Better start eating lots! One other thing that happened, me and someone in my district tried out to play a special musical number sometime at the MTC, and we made it :) So we should get notified this week of what they want us to play for.  And yesterday, after our Sunday fireside we get to watch a movie/talk/whatever else, and I watched Elder Bednar's "Character of Christ" it was really good, and he imitated the Cookie Monster which was pretty funny.
Now to answer questions, hopefully you got my letter by now so that should answer some questions.  Yes, I did see Josh, I even got into his building and found his room, so we hung out for a little bit.  One week left, yeah!!!  I did get my travel plans, you should've seen that by now. Do I think I'm ready to go? Umm... yeah, I've been ready to go since I got here. I've learned quite a bit here, but I just feel like I'll be able to learn a lot more once I get there and I have my investigators to focus on all the time.  I think I do know more Spanish than I think I do, but I can't use it super well, I keep getting all of the tenses mixed up. But I do feel like I'll learn a lot more Spanish once I'm there.  I will be leaving next Tuesday, and I need to be at the travel office at 2:45 am.  My flight leaves Salt Lake at 6 am and I will be flying to the Dallas Fort Worth airport. I'll have a 6 hour lay-over there, so that's when I think I will be calling. No I don't need anything else. And Brielle had better remember me, I am her favorite :)  Oh, and my scripture that I wanted was D&C 42:6, it's a good missionary one. I don't have anything that you need to pray for... I just need to get out of here... I'll send you some more pictures next week before I leave. Oh, and my tooth, and I still tell that it's not totally better, but I'm fine. Other than that, I think I'm good... sorry this is short, hope I answered everything.
Paz,
Elder H. Black

No comments:

Post a Comment