Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, April 29, 2013

Wedding and Two Baptisms!


So this week was fairly boring, so this letter will be short, but as usual, I will be answering questions first.
 
First of all, it hasn't rained at all this week, so I'm pretty dry for now, supposedly all the rain starts in the first two weeks of May. And the problem is that my shoes are waterproof, so nothing comes in the bottom, but everything that comes in the top will stay in there... So there is no getting around being wet, I've already learned that. And yeah, the diner looks pretty cool, you just need a pool table in their and it'd be perfect! And my area is pretty boring, so I don't really feel like I'm living an adventure, we're more or less in a city so it's all pretty normal. The only difference is with the guanabana tree. That is in a mountain pasture thing, and we found it while going to an investigators house and I decided that I wanted one, so Elder Ramirez climbed the tree and picked it, it's still not ripe :( All that stuff that you guys are doing sounds like so much fun... and right after I leave... what the heck?! Oh well, I just have to do something cooler... maybe I'll go visit a volcano or something. I'm glad the family is doing well, you guys are alwyas in my prayers as well, each of you individually. Ok, now for my week.
 
Basically, as far as numbers go, we had the worst week of the mission. We had to spend all week preparing for the wedding and baptism cause we had almost no help from the members, so we had really bad numbers, but we had a wedding and 2 baptisms, so that's good. Apparently for this month, my zone had 10 baptisms total (7 companionships) and of those 10, Elder Ramirez and I had 5. And this week, we'll be having another wedding and 2 baptisms, but luckily the members are more involved in this one, so we won't have to do as much of the work. Other than that... I've been sick for a week now, it's almost gone, but I'm still sick. Also, it's really hot, apparently it gets super hot right before the rainy season. Also, tell Hailee that yes, I do like her picture, it was really nice to recieve a letter from someone.
 
Other than that, I have a couple requests, first, those recipes that you sent me, can you send them in a DearElder letter instead of email? I can't print it off cause I don't have a thumbdrive. Also, I'm going to need a new backpack when I get a new area (so I'm not as much of a target for thieves) that was a suggestion from my zone leader that will be going home in 2 weeks. But right now I have a really safe area, so don't worry :) And yeah, that's about it, I will talk to you later.
 
Elder H. Black

No comments:

Post a Comment