Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


First off, Irina talked with me yesterday and she said that she realized she could've emailed you in spanish, but had forgotten haha. (she's only about 22 or 23... fyi, she just got back from the mission about 2 months ago.) Also, tell Mckenna and Carter that I'm sorry, but I can't write them this week, we are very short on time today. And we get mail and stuff when the zone leaders go to the capital too, but only when we meet up with them after that, so it's still not too often. And I don't know how much time it will be, I just now got a leader from someone that had sent it 2 months ago... so we'll see. And Dad, I can't say that I have any experiences for you, we're probably in the same boat, I just can't feel as much as others say that can.
 
Anyways, we had another kind of slow week... but, some interesting stuff happened. First I wanted to tell you a little about an investigator family. They are Milton (dad) Blanca (mom) Rut (daughter, 15 or 16) Melissa (12 or 13) and a baby girl. Milton is super direct with us, he says things the way he thinks they are... he didn't really like church yesterday, and it was his first time. But he said that he'd be willing to give it another chance. This family is our only family that I think will progress... sad huh? And also, just something funny for you guys, Rut has a crush on me... so yeah, that's interesting. Also, this week, our baptism fell through, because the guy has Word of Wisdom issues, but hopefully they will be getting baptized on Sunday. And that wedding of Chino and Bernardita, this guy that I just mentioned, happened secretly. Bernardita didn't like how the wedding was being planned, so she "canceled" the wedding and just had it in secret. And also if you remember Eilin, she was a really great investigator, turns out they moved back to Nicaragua without telling us... :( We did pick up an investigator family this week, and they have a baby of 6 months that has to be on oxygen all the time... sad huh? And we'll see how they are, I don't really know anything about them. Also, we found an inactive member who now says that she's not a member and attends an evangelical church... so she invited us to attend, and we went yesterday for a little more than an hour. That was so weird and funny. Everyone stands up and puts up their hands to "absorb the spirit", then they dance and sing to the music, while they absorb the spirit. And the main guy who sings, sometimes would tell them how to dance, basically they "raised the roof" and stepped side to side, and at one point he had them flap their arms like birds... it was so funny and we were trying so hard not to laugh. And yeah, that was that church... And also with that, the preacher would talk and the people would shout "amen" or shout to answer questions like "Who loves Jesus?" "Whoooo!!!!!" Yeah, it was new, different, weird, but now I have a story.
 
So that was my week, and yeah, other than that I just thought I'd share some slang. Hupe = knock knock, hup/ huuuu = sup, salado = deal with it, guila = teenagers, and chunche = thing.
 
Hasta next week my followers!
Elder H. Black

No comments:

Post a Comment