Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, July 8, 2013

6 Months!


I'm already a fourth of the way done with my mission! Crazy right?! First of all, tell Ryan congrats, that is sweet! (and I don't know if you guys have heard about that mission, but I've heard that you can't preach unless invited, in other words, no contacting...) And now to answer questions: Oh wait, no one has questions for me... but it sounds like all is good there, so just keep it up.
 
So this last week... it was pretty average. We have problems getting new investigators that will actually progress. We are finding people, but they usually decide that they don't want anymore after just one or two visits. Also, one of our investigators called us and told us that she didn't want to have us anymore... and she was the one that seemed to be the best. We decided to go back anyway. She already decided that we could come back, but that she's not going to change. But we have some hope for her =) Also, we recieved a reference from a kid member. He is 11. And he listens well to everything we say, the only problem is that his mom already said that he can't be baptized... But, thanks to magic tricks, we are continuing to get return appointments with that family =) So thanks Bro. Scott for some tricks, and also thanks Dad for those magic sticks. Also, just an fyi, I've learned some magic tricks out here too =) That's actually really helping us to get some return appointments. Other than that, we've been working a lot with some recent converts to return back to church, but it's pretty tough due to little things that my converts aren't coming. So I've been a little down cause they're all my converts that aren't coming to church, but Elder Brindis is convinced that we're going to get them all back to church, so we'll just keep working hard. Also, this week we had one of the AP's come and work with us for a day... and just so you know, that never happens, it was pretty weird, but cool. But we were pretty excited, cause whenever a leader comes to work with you, they always bring good luck. So we were working with Elder Johansen and walking towards the house to drop off his stuff. And we were passing a members house and we stopped to say hi. Well, she was talking with her mom, and had previously mentioned that her mom is against us. Elder Johansen really wanted to teach her so he asked if we could pass by later... "No." "Really? Cause we're going to pass by later!" "No." He tried and tried, but nothing. So as we were leaving he said, "Ok, but we're going to pass by your house later!" The thing is, we didn't know where she lived. Later in the day we went with a youth member, Andres, to find an inactive youth. He wasn't in his house, so we decided to pass by another less active youth. Turns out, that's where the before-mentioned lady lived. "Look, we said we were going to pass by, so we're here!" We accidentally found the lady's house just like we said we would. We ended up getting 4 new investigators that day, it was pretty cool.
 
Now for a random thing this week. Mom told me to eat healthy, well... this last Wednesday, for the first time, I ate Mondongo. They were in big pieces, smelled of dog food, and chewy like gum... it was awful, I almost puked. That was the day that I had started to feel better too, so needless to say, I didn't feel so great the next day.
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Black

   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José  
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment