Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, July 22, 2013

Awesome Investigator


Answers to questions... my favorite food? I really like pineapple cake, rice with chicken (add salsa Lizano), and platanos maduros. Also, I like to put sweetened condensed milk on certain things too. Favorite juice? Everyone here likes Jugo de Cas, I've heard it's a fruit that they only have here. Other drinks that are good: it's, more or less, wáter with oatmeal and sugar, but it's good, also lemonade that they make here is really good, and pineapple juice... also rice with pineapple is a good drink too. Favorite fruit? I like those Manzanas de Agua and guanábana was pretty good too. Also I took the advice of all of you and now I feel a bit better.
 
This week was pretty average. We did get a cool new investigator. I don't know if you guys remember, or if I even wrote that about 4 months ago I was contacting in the park with a member and I contacted some random guy. Well, finally, after all this time, we called him and got an appointment. He is awesome! He asked us if there is some story about the guy Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Uh... YES! Perfect question! He asked a lot of good questions like that, so we will be able to teach him lots. And the rest of the week was pretty boring, one day I went to Grecia to do divisions with the Elderes there in Grecia, and I got stuck with one that was sick and just wanted to stay in the house all day, so I wasted a day there, and that was lame. Bascially we wasted a lot of time in Grecia this week (area in our district, my comp is District Leader).
 
Now a couple random things. My comp and I play cards, I and said that I win a lot more than he does, and he didn't agree, so we've started to keep score... 26 - 12, yeah, I'm winning. Second, the recent convert, Rut, started to flirt with Elder Brindis, and he hated it, he turned all red, and was laughing, so then everyone pitched in and he was dying, it was pretty funny. I don't remember if I ever said that we normally just use spoons to eat, whether it's soup or meat, we use spoons. And I've only gained 10 lbs in the mission, just fyi.
 
Congrats to Kassandra and Briona! How did Carter do in the state tournament?
 
Love you all!
Elder Black

                                                                                                                          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment