Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, July 29, 2013

Soccer!

American style treats for FHE!  What a hit! 
View from the house





Hey everyone!
So I had a good week, I'll get to that in a sec. The guy I met in the park, his name is Enmanuel. Yes, Elder Brindis is a DL, I have been the comp of a DL the whole mission. Card game, we play one where you start with 11 cards and have to win with 12. You win by making at least a set of 3 or run of three, but you have to use all 12 cards ex) 4 sets of 3, 2 sets of 3 and run of 6, etc. To make platanos maduros, cut it, and cook it in butter or oil... that's it. Or if you want you can cook it with cheese as well or with sweetened condensed milk. You can also put that sweetened condensed milk on breads, in Coke, and stuff like that.  I never did make the caramel popcorn. We always eat with spoons because only in the fancy places are where they use a fork and knife. And it is actually easier to eat with a spoon (and fingers:) I think my little weight I've gained is from the food, and also muscle (in my legs) cause I have to hike these hills every day.
So this last week on Monday we had an FHE and it was pretty boring until it was my turn to do something, I took the refreshments. I took something purely gringo... smores :)  Everybody loved them and wanted more and more, it was pretty sweet. And then that night our ZL's called and told us that they wanted to do divisions with us, ok, cool right? And then said that it would be for 3 days! That never happens! Divisions are normally 1 day, but I ended up working here in Naranjo with a different companion, Elder Nape, for 3 days. There is something very true of the mission here, when a leader comes to work in your área, they bring a lot of luck. That Tuesday we were able to find a new investigator, and also place 3 baptismal dates, so hopefully those work out. Then, on Wednesday we had a day of purely lessons with investigators, that's really ard for us so that was pretty sweet. And we placed another baptismal date. Then, on Thursday we were able to find another new person, place 2 more baptismal dates, I was directed by the Spirit to teach what I needed to, and we just had an overall good day. My ZL said that I'm a great missionary, I plan very well, and I truly testified from the heart, so all of that made me feel pretty good. My goal for right now is to be ready to train in the next changes, which are in a week, so we'll see what happens. Then on Saturday we had some appointments fall through, but we were able to teach the boyfriend of one of my converts. He listened and seemed interested, ojalá!  We're going to play soccer with him and some of the Young men today in an indoor court, and hopefully he can make some friends. This is also going to be my first time playing soccer in Naranjo! Finally! And then yesterday we went and visited an old lady and she talked with us for a long time, it was good for her so I feel good. Also we got to see part of the Golden Cup (soccer) and the US won, yeah! And yeah, that's about it.
One other thing that we have going on is that we have a mouse in the house and we can't kill it, we keep seeing it, but it's just to quick. We are going to have to do a deep clean on the house and buy some traps for those mice...
Anyway, that's it for this week, tune in next week for some new stories.
Peace out! 

-- Elder Black
   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José  
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment