Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, December 16, 2013

Changes Week


Well, another changes week has passed here, so I hope you're all ready to hear what happened, kind of crazy things happened so here you go...
First of all, I'm going to answer the main question... no, we didn't have changes, I will be "killing" Elder Zelaya aka I'm his last comp of the mission. And the other question, no, we did not have any baptisms, that's one of the crazy things that happened. I can't go into much detail, but they just had a few issues and were not able to get baptized. Alis, we have confirmed that he does have to wait a year... =(  We're going to keep working with Claudia and Maria Jose, because they could get baptized this week, we are sure hoping that all works out. With Claudia we aren't quite sure what happened, all we know is that the day of her baptism, she was drunk... so needless to say, she didn't get baptized. Also, once again, we've had many appointments fall through, so we had very few lessons this week, the lowest in my mission actually, but we're trying to find more new people so that we can have more lessons.
And then today we had our mission christmas party, we went with half of the mission to an old people's home, sang hymns and talked with them. Afterwards we went to a church building, had lunch, sang more hymns, had a lesson from Pres. Wilkinson, they then gave us gifts (temple recommend holders with a picture of the temple here) and we just talked with people, it was fun. And he also gave us some good news... January 24... Elder Cook is coming to talk to us! It will be my first meeting with an apostle! I'm excited, it's going to be awesome.
Well, that was my week, love you all, talk to you later!
Oh, and P.S. thank you to the primary for the letters!

Con mucho amor(sh),
-- Elder Black

   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
sdfas2013-20142014

No comments:

Post a Comment