Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! So this is my first and last in the mission, awesome! The truth is, Christmas in Costa Rica is really boring. We just ate a bunch of tamales, and that's it. I'll get a little more into it in a second. Questions first.

Dinner appointments? Yeah, they wen't well, we ate really good food. Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, rice, etc. And somebody gave us a gift, cordial cherries =) Yeah, they're pretty good. Also, a different house, rice with chicken, ice cream, etc. And yeah, so that was Christmas. What did I get in my gift exchange? I got a 3D puzzle, a car. A first knitting set to make an owl, and a minions slap on watch. Have I been writting in my journal? ...

So this last week went alright. With Christmas and everything things were a little slow, but we were still able to find some new investigators, and have 21 lessons, so I would say that it was a success. There's not really much to talk about.Tuesday we called our families, Wednesday we celebrated Christmas. Thursday was a slow day. Friday we went on divisions and I stayed here with my ZL, Elder Brackett. We had several lessons and found a new person, and then played soccer, it was a good day. Then on Saturday we had another good day. We found another investigator, we placed a baptismal date with Byron (a new investigator) and we went to a members house who made hot dogs for us. And thenSunday we only had one investigator go to church =( And we walked a lot... all of our plans fell through =( But, we were able to find a new person that we think will get baptized very soon =) 

So yeah, that was my week. Something interesting that they do here is all this week that do things with bulls. Mostly, they just have people go into the arena and run away from the bull, several people got hit, it's pretty funny. They have bull rides too. But yeah, that's about all they do here.

Love you all, talk to you next week!

-- Elder Black


   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
sdfas2013-20142014

No comments:

Post a Comment