Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, February 17, 2014

Building An Area

So I don't remember if I said this before, but when I got to my area, Vizcaya, my comp told me that it was a dead area, well, we are changing that a little bit at a time. This week went pretty well, we are seeing the fruits of hard work, one of those fruits... I'm super tired haha, but all's good.

So this week I took some advice that President gave me, and we started to find some new people so that we would have stuff to do. The first couple of days we didn't really have anything, but we started to talk with more people in the street. On Thursday we had a zone meeting and President Wilkinson went too. He chopped our heads a little bit, and we got working. That day I looked at a map of the area that we have in our house, I saw a name that we didn't recognize. I felt that we should go there. So we went looking for somebody named Racquel, but instead of finding her we found 3 other people that accepted us and we were able to teach them =) Then on Friday we were able to go to the house of a contact that I had in the street a few weeks ago.  We got to the house and found not only her, but 4 other kids that are 8 and older, or in other words 5 new investigators. And then on Saturday we had activites all day, some members invited us to a baptism, then we invited people to go to a Valentine's Day activity that we had in the church (organized by the Elders Quorum and Relief Society) In total we had 20 nonmembers that went to the activity! We were able to meet another family of 4 that accepted us, 4 new investigators! In total we were able to find 17 new investigators last week! (And 2 more yesterday) It was awesome! And then yesterday we had a family go to church and they said they liked it (2 we had never even talked with), and we went to their house in the afternoon. I went with a member... this member talked a really long time, but, he really did help them. They said that they felt that they need to get married and be baptized! (Johan, Veronica, and Johan Jr.) and they now have a date planned for March 15 =) I'm pretty excited for that.

So that was my cool week, we were able to find a lot of people ready to hear our message, it just took desires to work to be able to recieve the help of the Lord.

See ya later!

-- Elder Black

     Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment