Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, February 3, 2014

We are already in another month, it seems like just yesterday it was Christmas, and now we are in February.

So last week, on Tuesday and Friday I went to Alajuelita, I won't be covering the area =( But I have to teach the area to a new Elder. It was kinda sad, everyone acts kinda like, "Oh, there's the old elder, but you're already gone, we want the new one". But we were able to visit several people and now I know that at least there will be elders in my old area =) Then on Wednesday we did divisions with some young men. It was kinda tough, basically it was only my third day in the area and I had to guide my comp... we walked about a half hour to get to the appointment only to find out that it was a super catholic, needless to say, we didn't get anywhere with him. Then we went to one other lesson, we taught the girlfriend of a member. It's a really funny situation, she wants to learn about the church, but the boyfriend doesn't want her to go to church... The member's mom wants her to go to church, so it's kinda weird. Supposedly they have now broken up because they fought about church... so I don't know. We are also teaching a little kid, Angel, but don't let the name confuse you, he's a pain. He's only 8 and a little rebel, so he doesn't like to just sit there and listen, I've had to bribe him with the mints that mom sent me. (If he listens for "10 minutes" he can have a mint) it's worked twice =) Luckily they have the activity of playing soccer here too, we play on Thursdays =) But they're a lot better here, it's kind of hard, but I'll get better that way.  And then on Sunday a new person went to church that we didn't even know, I gave the Gospel Principles class, it went alright. And he invited us to go to his house to teach him, so we'll be doing that this week.

So that was my week, today we'll be going to play paintball, I'll let you know how it goes. See ya later!

-- Elder Black

      Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José    
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
dfa    s 2013-20142014  

No comments:

Post a Comment