Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, February 10, 2014

Paintball with the Elders!

So this week went alright, I wasn't in my area a lot of the time, but we still got some stuff done.

So this last Tuesday, I went to Alajuelita to teach the area to Elder Reyes (the Elder who will be working there). Then on Wednesday Elder Alvarez had to go to the embassy, so we were there for a long time, I helped organize all the materials of the mission office while we were waiting for our comps. Then at about 5 I went to my area with a different Elder, Elder Gonzalez. (Everyone in my district is from Mexico... and me). We got two lessons in and that was it. Then on Thursday we had a few lessons. We were able to talk with Allan, a honduran that just moved here a couple weeks ago. He's here with his twin brothers, they're pretty cool and they are members. Allan is ready to accept that gospel, and he's super positive. After that we went to our weekly activity (soccer) and we had a couple of investigators there. Then on Friday I went to Alajuelita again. Saturday we had a kinda average day. Mostly lessons with less actives...  Then yesterday we were able to meet one of our goals, 120 people in Sacrament Meeting!!! After church we did divisions. I went with the ward mission leader to a the house of a reference. I was so far away (out of our area... but we have permission =) The good news, they were two families, 6 people in total, so hopefully we'll be able to have some baptisms soon. And then today we started to deep clean our house, we just about finished and the house looks a lot better =)

That's the fun stuff of the week, I hope you enjoyed reading, I'll talk to y'all later!

-- Elder Black


     Elder Hunter Black    
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José    
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
dfa   s 2013-20142014    








No comments:

Post a Comment