Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, March 10, 2014

A Weird Week

So we had a really weird week, things seemed to go well, but bad at the same time...

On Monday we went and contacted a reference. She seemed really interested and everything. She asked us questions about the bible (she's catholic) and we answered. She accepted everything. We left her with a pamplet of the restoration and she said that she would read it all before Wednesday (our next appointment). Tuesday morning she called us, "Hey, I read all of the pamphlet, it'll be best if you guys don't come, I don't believe in Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon, bye." Yeah, it was really weird and random, but we had to drop her. Thenon Wednesday we went to our district meeting where we got to meet one of the new elders in our district. We then went to a less actives house and watched "The Testaments". Then we went clear up in the mountain to teach Joán and his family to get them ready for the interview. On Thursday we went to Carlos' house (he's new and he's an artist). He made us empanadas and we taught a lesson. Afterwards he took a picture of me to draw me a portrait =) I'll take a picture and send it when I have it. Then we took a member to Michael's house. I don't remember if I've talked about Michael or no, but he's an engineer, he's 29 years-old, and he's very smart. He doesn't really have much faith in God and wants to see the logic in everything. The member that we took went to his mission in Australia, he's 24 (I think) and had the same situations as our investigator, it was perfect =) The lesson went really well and they got along really well too. Then we went as usual to play soccer with our investigators and members. On Friday we went on divisions. I went to Don Bosco with Elder Gonzalez and my comp stayed in Vizcaya with the DL. Well, Joán and his family passed the interviews so we'll be having a wedding and baptisms this coming Saturday! I get to baptize one of them =)

That was my week, we had some weird days (Saturday and Sunday) but we also had some good days. But good news, we'll finally have our baptisms =)

I'll talk to you all later, hope you have a good week!

--Elder Black

     Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment