Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, March 24, 2014



Drawing made by Carlos
So things went ok this week, we were able to find some new investigators and I have learned a lot about how to be a better missionary... for all those who are preparing for the mission, read Preach My Gospel, especially the lessons, and chapter 10, it will help a ton!!!

So this week we were able to meet with several investigators. Carlos is progressing well and so are Diego and Evelin. On Wednesday we went to our district meeting (I got to teach about what I thought we could improve as a district.) and then we went to Subway (cause we won doing LPEs) and the other elders paid for us. (or payed?). We got back to our area and went up to the mountain with our new investigators. One is "christian" and he accpeted everything about the Restoration until we got to invite him to baptism... he doesn't like the idea that only we have the priesthood, he got furious and started yelling at us. It really surprised me... I was a little nervous. But I calmly told him that I didn't want to fight so we ended it right there and our mission leader gave his testimony so everything worked out well =) On Thursday almost all of our plans fell through =( But I got my drawing from Carlos, it's pretty cool. On Friday we were finally about to meet with Pachi again, and we will start teaching him again this week! And then yesterday we didn't have 1 investigator in church =( None progressing =( And so after church I am now helping with the ward choir, I'm playing piano. Then we went to an investigators house and watched the Testaments, I think that he can progress, his name is Jonathon. His wife is a Jehovah's Witness, but he's evangelico. Then I got to teach Mission Prep. I taught the Plan of Salvation, it was pretty fun. Then we went to Diego and Evelin's. We found out that they had doubts about Joseph Smith, so we explained dispensations and the restoration again, I think they're good now =)

That's what we did this week, cool huh?

Funny Experience: We went to a "soda", home-style fast food... and there was a guy playing a ... "maquina", it's like pinball but you want the ball to fall in holes, and you can win money. Well this guy was drunk but he started to win money. So I told him to win some for me. He says "if I lose, you pay me, if I win, I pay you" Well, he was drunk and I didn't want problems so I prayed that he could win. Well, he won! =) So I asked for my money, he said no, that he had lied... So he played and won again, so he gave me some money haha, he won again, and gave me more! At the end he won a lot, so he gave me even more! The he looks at my comp and says, "here you go, so you don't feel bad." and gave him a little too and walked away. hahaha

I now have a new drunk friend haha. Well thanks for reading, I hope you've enjoyed. So y'all next week. Hasta luego!

-- Elder Black

     Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment