Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, March 17, 2014

Great Week!

4 Baptisms and a Wedding!!!




So we had a pretty great week, we were able to learn a lot and now we are really going to get the area going. We had some awesome miracles that happened this week.


So on Tuesday we started a contest between us and the other companionship to see who could get the most LPEs (contacts) by Monday. I'll get back to this in a minute. We went up with Bagner (19 year old investigator). We were talking with him and we were able to see that he has progressed a ton and is just about ready for baptism. He told us that he would do whatever God wants him to if he could just recieve an answer... Golden! So we are praying that he recieves his answer. We placed a baptismal date with him for March 29. Then on Wednesday we went to a multi-zone conference and it was really good. I was able to learn things that will really help me in my area. Then I went with my District Leader to my area to do the baptismal interview with Jafet (13 year old) and he didn't pass... he couldn't remember a couple of commandments... Then on Thursday we went and visited Carlos. He is willing to do whatever we tell him. He accepted to go to church and accepted a baptismal date for April 6. Then on Friday we went and picked up Elder Richardson (an assistant to president) and he went with us to our area to help us become better missionaries. He is super outgoing, he talked withEVERYONE. I didn't know it was possible until he got there. He really taught me how to love the people and I'm excited to be better at that. Then on Saturday we had our baptism and then we had to go to stake conference, so we didn't really do much that day. Then Sunday we went to Stake conference again. It was a broadcast and we were able to listen to Elder Scott speak, it was different listening to him in spanish haha. Then we went looking for some new investigators, the family of Jafet. But they weren't there... And then this is what happened, I'm going to tell this story from the beginning...

I was trying to be a good senior comp and I did some LPEs. One was a women that I saw, Evelin. We were able to finally get an appointment with her after about 3 weeks of trying. We found her and it turns out that she has 3 kids ages 8, 13, and 15. We gave her a pamphlet and she read. We went back after a few days and asked if she had read, she told us no. "Why not?" She answered, "my husband took it with him to work and has been reading it, and he's anxious to meet you guys." So finally yesterday we got an appointment to meet with the husband. We went right at 5 and the kids said that he wasn't there... so we decided to go to a nearby member's house. While we were with the member we recieved a phone call, "Hello, were you looking for Diego? Well, he's in the house now." So we went running to get there. We got there and we got to know him. He has had a difficult past and I felt that we should teach lesson 3 but didn't act right away. Elder Richardson then said that we would be teaching lesson 3. We went through the whole lesson and it was the first real good lesson that we had together. In the end we were able to place 5 baptismal dates for April 6. It was a great experience.

After that we had to take Elder Richardson back to his area and we made some goals with him, so hopefully we can get things going to make our area explode!

That was basically my week, it went pretty well and I'm ready to keep having good experiences. Thanks for the support as always, love you all! 

-- Elder Black


P.S. We won the LPE competition ending the week with 79 LPEs. This means that the other companionship must buy us Subway =)

    Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
   Costa Rica San José   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment