Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Monday July 28th

Alrighty, well I'm just going to start. So on Monday we went with some new investigators, they're from El Salvador and they're pretty cool. They are very friendly and we had a good time. Then from there we had to run to get to a Family Home Evening in a member's house. They had invited another family (investigators!!!!) to listen to us. Finally, a reference from members!!!! Ush!!! So everything went well, we talked about the Holy Ghost and the member asks me, "And who gave the Holy Ghost to Jesus?" and I said, "Umm... God." and he goes on to explain that it was Peter jaja, after the lesson we were all confused and it turned out that he had just mixed up the stories in his head. But during the lesson he had left us speechless. Anyways, on Tuesday we went and put up a kiosk in the park... not very successful... and then we did divisions. I went to my area with Elder Herrera (from Argentina)... he's nuts jaja. In a good way. We were able to find a couple of new investigators including one who's name is Elder =) He even showed us his ID and it's true. Then we went to a less actives house where they all bugged my comp about his accent, it was fun. "Callate!!!" but with an accent from Argentina... you have to speak spanish to understand... sorry. And then finally our zone leaders got here to do the interview for Fabio... he passed!!!!!! We were able to have the baptism on Saturday, and my comp baptized him. Those were pretty much the highlights of the week. We found some new investigators, we did divisions and we had our baptism. The only problem was that Fabio thought that he was going to drown, he was a little nervous, but all turned out well. We did have to go on a wild search to found baptismal clothing to fit him jaja. You'll see why when I can send a photo.

But yeah, everything turned out well, things are going good here. We just have to keep going and hope for the best =) That's about it for this week, see y'all next week =)

--Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment