Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Monday August 4th

This week went alright, we were able to have some decent numbers.  

So on Tuesday we were having a slow day. We were really close to the apartment at 8:30 and my comp says, "let's just see how this guy is doing", it was a guy that they had given a book of mormon and then didn't know anything about him. We passed by and talked to the guy. It turned out that he's already into 2 Nephi without anyone having to say anything!!! Golden!!! And then on Thursday we went with a family that was a reference from members here (they're neighbors) and the lesson went really well, they were really interested in the Plan of Salvation, what their purpose truly is in this life. So we talked a little bit about that and in the end challenged them to baptism and they accepted =) Hopefully they will be baptized this month =) That's the spiritual cool stuff that happened this week, so now for the funny things.

So on Tuesday... we got robbed =) Some guy started talking to us and then after talking about how he wanted to go on a mission and stuff like that (he was a little drugged) he asked for money. In the end my comp gave him money (30 cents) and his watch so that he wouldn't rob me (cause that day I had the cell phone and more money). We weren't that threatened, the truth is that it was pretty funny.

And yesterday I contacted a bus. I stood in front and shared a short message with everyone and then handed out pamphlets. When we finished I was just about to get off when a lady gave me 1000 colones (or $2) and wouldn't let me give it back to her. So my comp started laughing and said, "nice job, you just sold your first pamphlet, and for $2!!!" jaja.

So yeah, that was my week. For questions or comments you can write me at hunter.black@myldsmail.com thank you!

-- Elder Black

    Elder Hunter Black    
 
  Costa Rica San José    
            
          2013-2014            

No comments:

Post a Comment