Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Feliz Semana Santa!


Hey everyone!
To answer your questions mom, Elder Garrett got transfered because of other people, we don't know why, but it wasn't us. The companionship... is getting worse and worse. I'm actually counting down the weeks until I can get transfered... The baptism went well, the water was cold, and the font was outside, but it was all good =) My spanish is always improving, but these last few days I haven't been able to understand very much, it just happens I guess. But hopefully I'll understand more in the coming days. And sorry I didn't email on Monday, they made our P-day Wednesday because we went to the Temple yesterday (for P-day) and it was 6 o'clock by the time we got back... And everything is closed today for semana santa, so you're lucky you're getting a letter today. I don't know when I'll be calling yet, that's still a ways away... and yes, I'll let you know when I find out. And Carter, good luck! You better do better than me, but... I did get 2 homeruns, so good luck.
 
Ok, so for the week. First on that last Monday, we had a miracle right before Elder Garrett left. We had an investigator who wasn't progressing but wanted us to come over that night. So we went over, and he and his entire family were reading the Book of Mormon together! And now he is progressing like crazy! He has a baptismal date for April 16th along with 5 other people who are all on track! Also, we are planning to have a wedding that day! It's going to be a great day. And other than that, I taught a lesson with a joven, so I had to talk almost the whole time. It went really well and they didn't have very many questions about what I taught... and that's unusual for that family. And then in the end, I kinda chastized them for not doing what they should... but I did it in Spanish!!! Woot! Also, I don't know if Kassandra told you already, but someone here knows her from the mission, he just returned last week and I went on splits with him while he messaged her on Facebook. So tell Kassandra that I say hi. And then yesterday we went to the temple, we were going to do a session but it filled up, so we did baptisms instead. It was pretty cool. And that's about it, it's just the two of us here in Naranjo now, but we're hoping that we'll be getting some more next week. Well, I'll talk to you on Monday, and I'll send pictures. And I'll tell you more about Semana Santa.
 
Love yah,
Elder H. Black
 
P.S. We still haven't had a rainstorm, it's only sprinkled a couple times...

No comments:

Post a Comment