Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, May 20, 2013

Changes!




New Companion, Elder Brindis from Mexico
So, like this says, I'm still in Naranjo. But yes, Elder Ramírez had changes. So Mom is going to laugh about the name of my companion and then have to explain it to everyone else, his name is Elder Brindis, and he's from Mexico. The truth is that his, to me, his face is similar to someone we're related to, but I want to see if you guys agree before I say who. He is really quiet, humble, and very well mannered... we are getting along really well :) To answer a couple other questions, from last week, mom, if you ever want to send anything in a package, ties are always a good idea. I can just check my email next week about dad unless it's really important, then you could email president. Congratulations to Carter for hitting the ball in a game, eso es muy chido. Like my Mexican spanish? Anyways...
We had a fairly boring week again, Elder Ramírez had wanted to say goodbye to people... so the majority of Tuesday and Wednesday we were in members houses... not teaching lessons. And then Elder Brindis got here and wanted to get to know the área, so we were spending time walking around a lot. So we had the worst numbers that I've ever had in the mission. So about the only good thing that happened was that we contacted a lady, she's really interested, and gave us a reference in the first visit! We will be going back this week so hopefully things work out. Milton's family had a baptismal date for this week, but it's not going to happen... he hasn't been praying to know if it's all true and he wants to be sure about his decision, so I told him that if he isn't doing what he needs to to know, he's not going to know, duh! So hopefully we have some progress with them this week. Other than that, I spoke in church yesterday, about mission work, of course right? I don't remember if it's an expression in english but I really chopped their heads off, in a loving way :) But that was the first time I've had to speak, normally the members do it. And that was my boring week.
Random things this week: I learned how to make balloon figures (basically just the swords), also, I had two drunks on at the bus stop that were so happy to know me, and protect me cause I'm their "American brother", they kept fist bumping me and it was hilarious, but weird. And also a saying here, when it's raining lightly/sprinkling, they say that it's raining cat hair. And also, I still write in my journal every day.
Hasta la Pasta!
Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment