Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, May 13, 2013

Done Training!

Ascencion and Juana get Married!

Eating his first Guanabana
So first, to answer your one question that you had for me... I don't have anything that I would like for you to send.
First, I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who has recieved their mission calls, it's awesome that so many people are ready to serve. And I had actually been wondering when Mack was going to get his call, so it was good to hear that.
Now for what happened this week. On Monday, after 2 weeks of waiting, the guanabana that we had was finally ripe enough to eat. We took it to Pres. Araya's house and he cut it up for us, and we tried it plain, and also as a smoothie. It was really good. The next day, we were so sore and sunburnt from playing soccer on P-day that we could barely walk. We were waddling up and down the hills and had a hard time doing anything. So we just contacted for the day and went to less active members houses so that we would be able to sit down. And we spent the majority of the week contacting cause we are losing our investigators really fast, we are running out of people to teach. So we had the worst week yet as far as numbers go... and we didn't have much success contacting either. And then on Wednesday we had a zone meeting and then 3-way divisions with us in Naranjo, Grecia, and the zone leaders in San Ramon. I stayed here because Elder Ramirez went to Grecia to do baptismal interviews, and I was here with Elder Nape (from Mexico) to do interviews here for Chino and Bernardita; the two that just got married about a week ago.  Chino had had word of wisdom problems and that's why he had to have another interview. But good news, he passed this time! So they decided to be baptized on Sunday. So Saturday we went to the church to clean the font (it's outside and always gets dirty) and that's when we found that half of the main hallway of the church, the primary, and the kitchen were all flooded with water. So we were there for an hour sweeping all the water out, and then mopping up what was left. But then on Sunday the baptism went well, there were only about 10 people there, and we had forgot to make assignments on who would speak, so I had to give a talk on baptism right there on the spot. But everything went well, so that was good. And then after 3 hours of struggling to be able to talk with the family for Mother's Day, we were finally able to figure out a solution and talk. And yes, I cried a lot cause I'm baby. After that I couldn't keep myself together very well, and then just ended up crying for no reason... just cause I had been crying or something, I don't know, thanks a lot mom... dumb genetics. After that I was finally ready to go teach a lesson to Milton and Blanca and they are loving the lessons, they are reading, they are progressing very well, we just need them to pray to know if it's true, but hopefully they will be baptized in 2-3 weeks. And that's about all that happened this week, changes are this week so hopefully I will have something exciting to say next week.
Con Amor(sh),
Elder H. Black 

No comments:

Post a Comment