Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, August 5, 2013

Pura Vida!




Waterfall in Grecia 


Pura Vida!
So this week was pretty average. But I'll get to that in a sec. First of all, I needed to make a correction, the person I found in the park 4 months ago, his name is Luis, I think I put Emanuel. Second, there are 6 months of wet season, 6 months of dry season. The wet season doesn't end until December, but luckily I am in a fairly dry área and it doesn't rain too much, but it's supposed to pick up again. Baptisms, we haven't had any, and the goals we do have are going to take a little extra time.
Also, sounds like I have some crazy siblings. Cooper, you are still so weird, way to go :) And Brielle sings the songs? I still can't really believe that. Also, Katarina... I still don't understand her... Good luck Dad with everything you're working on.
So this last week I finally played soccer =) But, I had 2 problems. 1, we played against a drunk who was pretty aggressive. 2, the Young men here are prideful, and didn't pass to me and my comp. So, yesterday, I was teaching the Young men in church, and like they say here I "corté la jupa". They don't involve other people very much, so that destroys any chance of our bringing new investigators to church. If they don't have friends, it's a lot harder to go to church. So I let them have it. And then on Tuesday we had interviews with Pres. Wilkinson and that went well. And then... yeah, pretty much everything else was normal.
The thing that was different this last week is that they had their celebrations of the Virgin of Los Angeles. For those who don't know, every Spanish country has a virgin. I don't remember the story here in Costa Rica, but they celebrate the whole week, but it centers on August 2. So everyone was partying and having fun, and we were trying to find people to teach, it was a little hard.
But yeah, that's about all that happened this week, sorry it's so boring, but that's the way it is sometimes.
Oh, random thing. Yesterday we found a tarantula in the street, so I killed it. Yup.
Love y'all,

-- Elder Black
   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
 Costa Rica San José  
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                
          2013-2014          

No comments:

Post a Comment