Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, January 6, 2014

1 Year This Week!

So yeah, on Thursday I complete a year in the mission, just FYI. So this last week went a bit better, our numbers have started to go up and we should start to have some baptisms, finally =) Questions first though.

No, they don't celebrate 3 Kings here, and they call them Los 3 Magos. Did I do anything out of the ordinary for New Year's? Yeah, I went to bed at 10:30, weird right? But the fireworks did wake me up for a little, there were a ton, but I went almost right back to sleep. Oh, and just so you know, I should be getting my scripture cases next week =)

This week hmm, oh,  New Years. So on Tuesday we had a party for lunch. Our cook was out of town, so her son (17) cooked for us. We went to the store and just bought a bunch of meat, flan, and coke =) It was awesome. After that we had 3 more dinners... we felt like junk on Wednesday, and  we had to eat 2 more times on Wednesday... But, then I went on divisions with Elder Soto (Mexican) and since it's a vacation day, we didn't have any appointments, so finally we just went and ate chinese rice (it's really good here). Then that Thursday we just met with less actives,  and Friday is when we were finally able to meet with people. Andrea committed to go to church (she went with her sister and a friend!) so that was awesome. Ana, a new investigator wants to be baptized (AWESOME) and she was a reference from members =) AndSaturday more people committed to go to church. Well, on Sunday, our first investigator that went to church was Alejandro, he works from 9pm to 6am, lives in a different city, and still comes to church, he's awesome! Then Andrea got there, and she took 2 new investigators with her!!! It was a great day. So that was my week, we recieved some great blessings.

Love you all, thanks for the support!

-- Elder Black

   Elder Hunter Black   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                              
    Costa Rica San José     
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                
dfas 2013-20142014

No comments:

Post a Comment