Favorite Scripture

Doctrine and Covenants: 35

13 Wherefore, I call upon the aweak things of the world, those who are bunlearned and despised, to thresh the cnations by the power of my dSpirit;

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their ashield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their benemies shall be under their feet; and I will let cfall the dsword in their behalf, and by the efire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

15 And the apoor and the bmeek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be clooking forth for the time of my coming, for it is dnigh at hand—

Monday, January 20, 2014

So sorry that I always say that the week was kinda average, the thing is that my comp and I have been sick so we haven't been working at 100%.  But I promise that next week's letter will be different (an apostle is coming, how will I not have something to say?)

So this week we got in 20 lessons, it wasn't so bad considering that we were sick, we had a zone meeting. Among those lessons we were able to teach Andres, an old investigator. He told us how he hadn't been completely honest before, but how he now wants to change. He has started to read the Book of Mormon and wants to go to church! Actually, all of our investigators have been reading the things that we leave for them, it's been great! The only problem is getting them to go to church... I think we'll try to coordinate more with the members to be able to get them to church. We are slowly but surely finding new people to teach, so hopefully we should start to get some baptisms soon. We found a new guy named Mario, he's 56 and just started talking to us one day. He says he's investigated all the churches except ours. He says that there's always something missing, he seems pretty good, and says that he will be going to church this week! Alejandro still goes to church, we are just having a hard time finding time to visit him, he works a lot so he can't really meet with us. But we have an appointment with him tomorrow so hopefully he can go. And the other cool person we have is Juana. She is excited to keep learning. She went to church yesterday, and 2 other activities we've had. She's reading and keeping committments =) So as you can see we have potential here, we just need to keep working so that it stays that way.

And just an fyi, I play the piano in sacrament meeting every week... I'm getting a bit better at sight reading =)

Love you all!
-- Elder Black

No comments:

Post a Comment